Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

85 to 89 Dashboard problems

W

Willycool

Hello fellow members....

I am calling upon your wisdom today in hopes u can all help me with my electronic dash problems......... The dash works fine, BUT the dash lights go off and come on from time to time while i am driving... Does anyone know why? Is there a website or information that i can look at...

1989 red Corvette.

Thx

Willycool :dance

You have a dimmer on your dash? Maby its dirt and turn it a fewtimes, this could help.

Or remove the dash.:D

Is your high beam and turn signals coming on dim when the dash goes out? If so, you have a bad ground, most likely the ambient over-ride sensor. The ground wires come out of the 32 way connector that plugs in the side of the dash. One goes to the ambient ground sensor and the other to the driver's side pillar post under the dash. The grounds are pins D1 and D2 and D3. Some cars only have D1 and D3 grounds. Mine does. What I did was to cut both grounds, wired them together and ran a new ground wire to the piller. I haven't had a problem since. Of course you might also have a problem at pin C16 lamp supply or C9 cluster illumination. I strongly recommend Gordon Killebrews' 1984-1989 Corvette Digital Cluster book. I got mine from MidAmerica. :w

what about this?

dash_autometergauges.jpg

Jedi,

Yes, it's my first setup. I had to make a quick install, because of the new ECM they put in. I the future I want a whole new carbonfiber dash. Also something else for the heatercontrolepanel. Now the mechanic could make the gauges work.

sounds like intermittent ground

the big white connector holding the two boards together sounds like its getiting loose is really easy to remove it disassemble it an look at it. look for burn marks on the connector

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom