Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

85 vette 0-60 in 7 seconds.

nelson84

Corvette
84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
I think my trans is slipping and it waits to long to shift. Could it be the cable just needs to be adjusted? Where do you adjust it at the TB? What is the proper adjustment?:confused

Car & Driver stated stick shift 0-60 5.9 seconds and automatic quicker at 5.7

the tb cable adjustment is for transmission kickdown or (downshift) when the pedal is matted. Sounds like a valvebody problem. Could be the valves or springs gummed up or springs worn. if in normal driving it takes a while to say go from 1st-2nd or 2nd to 3rd with pedal less than 1/2 way down, this could be problem. these turbo700's have an electronicaly controlled torq converter lockup feature, and I beleive that 3rd and 4th or at 45 they lock up. not 100% on exact specs. Do you have any fluid leakage from belhousing area? could be a sign of worn converter? what does the trans fluid look like, is it burnt or have any metalic particles in it? Burnt fluid or particles could mean worn clutches and a overheating of trans problem.

finding a reputable trans shop can be the hardest thing you will ever do :bash, usually the dealer or a corvette specialty shop is best bet, depending on size of town your in. here in vegas there is a shop that works on nothing but corvette's, and any work I cant do I only take it there. good luck and check above things and let us know results, can narrow down a possible cause. good luck :beer

My tranny fluid is a little low, I topped it up and replaced catilytic with a staight pipe it was plugged, now its in the 6 second range about 6.2 seconds.

What are you using to make these measurements? The best time I recorded with the 86 with just bolt ons was 5.19.

A stopwatch and a g-tech.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom