Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

86 AC/Heater Fan switch

Corvette
1986 Convertible Dark Red Metallic
Hi All,

Need a little help with my AC/Heater fan switch. It only works on High. No low or medium speed fan. I have checked all the fuses and I think checked all the gounds but nothing. Am I missing a relay or a fusible link somewhere in the loop? Any help in pointing me in the right direction will be appreciated. Thanks for any and all input.

Thank You to Ken...I replaced my 4+3 relay today and wired my switch and the car drives and shifts like a dream....will take time to learn when to switch into OD.....but that's the fun part of the car.....drivin it!!!

Top :)

PS. In case you are wondering 'Top' is slang for an Army First Sergeant......I retired in 1997 after 21 years...

Funny you should mention the thing with the fan (blower) switch... :gap

I had the same problem; I replaced relays, switches, and everything else I could think of, then I discovered a loose connection similar to the problem I had with the battery connection to the distributor.

The relay on top of the blower moter under the hood had a loose wire at the connection in the plug; that's why, in my case, I could get it to work when I played around, removing and replacing different things in the hunt for the solution. It also explained why the thing would work then cut off intermittently. Frustrating these cars can be! :D

Try that and see if you get all three blower speeds. ;)

_ken :w

Thanks Ken

I will look at it tomorrow and let you know what I find. Thanks again for the help here.

Top :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom