Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

86' Malcom Conner.. to leave it stock or not?

S

SpaceGoat

Today I just purchased a 1986 Malcolm Conner corvette. Now my question is: does this hold any significance? Should I leave the body and the engine alone? I was going to put some chrome wheels, new paint job (It has the special edition paint (half black/beige)). I had a lot of plans until i actually got there and saw all the special edition emblems. Leave everything stock or not? Thanks.

-SpaceGoat

As time goes by, the historical significance of these cars is certain to reveal itself. There were only fifty of these cars built. Granted, the only thing different was the paint and the badging but still they are about as rare as you get with a C4. If it were mine, I wouldn't change anything that couldn't easily be undone. In the end it's your car and do what makes you happy. But keep in mind that someday that paint and badging may be worth a little bit of cash.

71Shark said:
Granted, the only thing different was the paint and the badging but still they are about as rare as you get with a C4.

I would take that approach as well, I think. There aren't many C4s that stand out from the crowd, so they are bound, or will be, to be worth more than a standard fourth-generation Corvette.

And this comes from a guy that doesn't believe in "matching numbers!" :L

The important thing is to have fun with it and enjoy it for what it is -- a great car. :upthumbs

Thats a tough one, there werent many of those built, but ive never seen one sell for any more than a regular 86 goes for.

Id mod the hell out of it.

Id say leave it alone, but if it were mine, I would mod it out. I leave no car stock.:D

You can do the chrome wheels. If you decide to sell the car in the future, you can always change them out. I would personally keep the paint as is because you're talking about thousands of dollars when it comes to Corvette paint jobs.

Me ... I'm a stock kinda guy

And with this.. I would bag it and stash it...buy another one.. and have your way with it!

My .02

Vig!

I'm way too young and broke to do that, vigman. Or else I would.

I dont know what i'de do....since I already have one corvette i'de proabbly leave it stock and maintain it very well over the years.

Then keep it stock

Until you are OLDER & richer..I think this will pay off in the long run.

Vig!

If I'm not mistaken the Malcolm Konner Corvette was the only truly limited edition C4 ever built, they only built 50 of them. Unlike the anniversary editions or the Pace cars that were built in much larger quantities. I would keep that Malcom Konner Vette as original as possible. Just my opinion, but I like every thing as original as possible.

I dont believe I've ever seen one , got a photo?...I like to mod them also ,but I thimk i would leave it alone. Some nice wheels and exhaust and a few easy performance mods might be nice .:cool

not only is it really rare numbers wise, but if I am not mistaken, it is the only Corvette ever to be produced specially for a dealer... that is something that probably won't happen again... with only 50 built, if someone wants one (for a collection or? reason) they will be hard to find and worth some $$$

Why don't you post some pictures of your car? I believe the only thing abut them that was differant was the 2 tone paint scheme and the uhpolstery, but that's enough to make it rare.

Thanks, after reading your posts ive decided to only do what can be easily undone. I will probably pick it up this saturday, I'll post some pics of it then.

I read recently that there were only 20 Malcolm Konner specials made with the 4 speed transimssion.

I would keep it close to stock. Might be one of the few C4"s worth a lot in the future. :)

Bob

FWIW, there is(or was) a Malcom Konner Vette for sale for for 12,900. It is one of the 20 w/ stick - 50k 336-764-1578

One of these cars was a "direct conversion" Callaway Twin Turbo - the ONLY 1986 Callaway Corvette done. Wears 16" Dymags and it is a "stock bodied" Callaway.

Other than the paint and small scripting around the emblems, little else sets them apart. A Cool option IMO. :beer

where in jersey r u? By the way, If it's in good condition, I'd stay stock, replacing or hi-perf. parts if it needed fixin'

I live in Bridgewater (Somerset county). You wouldnt happen to know some place in jersey where i can get a good paint job at a affordable price now would ya? heh.. prolly not.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom