Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 87 lcd cluster into an 85 vette ???

Shadoweffect

Corvette
1985 White
Does anyone know if an 87 LCD cluster will replace an 85 version, any known problems, I have found the one to four light stays on and the RPM drops to a single digit below 1000 RPM. Is this normal with this year of LCD or could just the RPM lcd be fitted to my 85 dash as mine is cracked. Cheers :D

you can't take parts of the LCD and swap,. it has to be the whole unit.
I have seen similar things done, like an 86 going in an 87 and there were no issues.
You CAn have your current LCD exchanged with a rebuilt that has warranty. That way you are assured of getting the correct one. The cost is around $300.
You can drive the car without the display while UPS has yours in transit.
The only thing that MAY be different in the 87 and 85 might be the upshift arrow. As far as I know the plug is the same and mounts are all same.

Thanks for the advise.
Rebuilt units is not really an option as I live on the other side of the world and the exchange rate and shiiping cost makes it very costly.
As i have obtained 87 dash I have found that the loom plugs come out the side where the 85 comes out the back. I may try just replacing the RPM LCD from the 87 with mine this weekend and see if it lights up correctly. will let you know. Cheers

Tried today to just replace the LCD screen with no luck, Found the dash to be an 89 model, rouge digits would appear as the RPM increased, it was worth a try, I will now need to import :-(

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom