Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

87' VETTE BRAKE WARNING LIGHT

rlvincent

87' BRAKE LIGHT WARNING, AND SOMETIMES REAR HATCH WARNING? I recently replaced the Power Brake Booster and things worked fine. Now I have excessive pedal travel and BRAKE WARNING LIGHT????

Typically, excess pedal travel after a booster replacement means the wrong (too short) pushrod got installed, however, that the brake warning is coming on indicates loss of pressure in one end of the system.

I'd start inspecting all brake components, incl. the ABS modulator in the well behind the driver seat, for leakage then I'd bleed the system including the master cylinder.

I'd also verify that the booster you installed was the correct unit for an 87.

Typically, excess pedal travel after a booster replacement means the wrong (too short) pushrod got installed, however, that the brake warning is coming on indicates loss of pressure in one end of the system.

I'd start inspecting all brake components, incl. the ABS modulator in the well behind the driver seat, for leakage then I'd bleed the system including the master cylinder.

I'd also verify that the booster you installed was the correct unit for an 87.

Everything worked fine for a period of time after the booster was installed. Why the delay in Excessive BREAK PEDAL travel, and the light coming on?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom