Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 88 vette 1 of 0 according to Corvette museum.

Ryan Happold

Need help. My father has a 1988 Corvette that Artic pearlescent white paint code wal8554 u8554. Corvette museum says there was only 27 made in 88 none where released to the public. Anyway my father is trying to sell it . And we have no idea on price. Is it worth more than any other convertible vette. Car is in Perfect condition black leather interior. 42,000 original miles been stored the last 20 years. Only goes to shows. Thanks for any help you guys can give me. 3 owner car

Need help. My father has a 1988 Corvette that Artic pearlescent white paint code wal8554 u8554. Corvette museum says there was only 27 made in 88 none where released to the public. Anyway my father is trying to sell it . And we have no idea on price. Is it worth more than any other convertible vette. Car is in Perfect condition black leather interior. 42,000 original miles been stored the last 20 years. Only goes to shows. Thanks for any help you guys can give me. 3 owner car

Sorry man,Somebody at the
Corvette museum is either wrong or maybe just mistaken, WA 8554 White has been used on various GM vehicles since 1985 to 2015,There was a time that I had in my shop at least 2 gallons of paint in stock because I painted allot of GM vehicles this color.

With that said, There was 2110 White Corvette Coupes and 1510 White Corvette Convertibles built in 1988 .

https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/c4/1988/88prod.html

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/paintdetail.cgi?gmcode=WA8554

Last edited:
Anybody see 1 of these person ?

[FONT=&quot]A special letter from General Motors on 1990 Competition Yellow Corvettes makes any yellow 1990 unusual but only 23 ZR1s were built in Competition Yellow making it extremely rare. The letter states the color had a photosensitivity characteristic (the color would change in the sunlight and then change back within 24 hours[/FONT]

I've not laid my hands on a 90 Comp Yellow ZR1,But I done some massaging on a couple 90 Comp Yellow coups. There were 278 Comp Yellow Corvettes in 1990,Least used color that year.:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom