Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'89 Warm start problem. Forum members BEWARE!

As a rookie 'vette owner, I openly appreciate any help/advice I find here. I also try to do most of my own work, A, simply because I like this hobby, and B, I also enjoy saving money when possible. My first line of assistance in the past year has been right here. Always proffessional, sometimes a bit humourous, but best of all...DIFFERENT OPINIONS! Attack any problem with an open mind from any angle offered. Sometimes you hit the nail right on the head, other times you gotta bang in all the loose nails first before hit the problem one. The experience often expressed in here has been priceless. Keep up the good work everyone and thanks for leaving this thread open and allowing open discussion!
Reverend Paddy

The thread you mentioned had degenerated into mudslinging and name calling, taking the focus off the original poster's question entirely.

Was I incorrect in closing it? Maybe so, moderating isn't an exact science and I'm as likely to make a mistake as anyone. That's why I made the decision to close it for 24 hours, giving everyone involved a chance to take a breather and re-focus on the intended topic. I even PM'd the originator and explained my intentions to him.

I didn't see it necessary to inform you of my decision, Hib. ;)

As for closing this one, unless Rob decides differently, we'll see.

It has remained open because a member made some serious accusations against the owner and Staff here. IMHO closing and deleting it would imply we had something to hide. Better to let it remain here for all to see that the accusations were unfounded.

Jane Ann

I agree with Jane Ann on this one

I think that guy was way out of line with the accusations.

I hope the economy gets better soon. I'm getting tired of folks posting like they're stuck in traffic on a hot day sitting behind honeydipper with a leak...

-Mac

Every once in a while you come across a perfect example of why you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. When researching technical repair information for my car, I have always carefully gleaned a solution from the consensus instead of trusting one person's advice, but that's just me. Many times I see poor, wrong, or just plain dangerous advice given in online forums, but it isn't my place to say anything, I just assume the person needing help has more common sense than that. My motto is start with the factory service manuals, then confirm your diagnosis on the internet. We've all gotten frustrated to the point of throwing parts at the car, but 99% of the time a trusty multimeter will diagnose these kinds of problems, I wish more people would learn to use one.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom