Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

$90.00 In Glue And Counting...Almost As Much As The Carpet...!!!

Just a theory, but is the real reason you are planning on working in your underwear because you've sprayed so much adhesive that the overspray has glued your undies and T shirt to your body? :D

Vette66AirCoupe said:
Just a theory, but is the real reason you are planning on working in your underwear because you've sprayed so much adhesive that the overspray has glued your undies and T shirt to your body? :D

Mark in his undies........ now that is a mental image I really did NOT need this morning!
Please, anyone, I'll pay $20 to get that image out of my head now.
oh god, the horror, the horror! :eek

Got to split that one with you Barry

You are correct in your assumptions, however experience has taught me many times in the past that easier, safest, and fastest, doesn't always bode well with " Best ".

When I recommended the can/brush vrs, spray thing, I was just comparing the cost effectiveness of the two methods like a zillion dollars for the quantity of spray cans needed, vrs. five buck's for the can.

Have a good day Barry ,:w

Stepinwolf

Bob
as you know I'm getting a lot of learning experiences agree that the easiest or fastest in not usually not the "best".
my only real point was that for what would probably be a one time job for mark the convience of the spray glue may be more important than the extra $$$ it costs over the savings of the canned stuff. Although, from the sounds of it he is using sooooooo much of the d*mn stuff because his finger got glued to the sprayed button and he can't get the can out of his hand that he probably would have been better off using the can/brush stuff. ;LOL

we are preparing for a bunch of snow today/tonight so it will feel like i'm up in your area! :)

Addiction

You know Barry, I thinking that maby those who use too many spray cans might have become addicted to the smell of the glue.

You know like, smell glue, glue smell, glue, smell, smell, smell, ha need more glue. ;LOL

Stepinwolf

stepinwolf said:
You know Barry, I thinking that maby those who use too many spray cans might have become addicted to the smell of the glue.

You know like, smell glue, glue smell, glue, smell, smell, smell, ha need more glue. ;LOL

Stepinwolf

not for me........ I don't find it very pleasant myself.
In fact, \when I was helping my buddy do the carpet in his '79 in Dec and than when I had to glue up the vinyl trim piece under the rear window in my '65 in Jan the fumes from the spray glue was driving me out of the cars.

instead of glue, smell, glue, smell, smell, smell it was more like hold breath, glue, can't hold breath anymore so jump out of car to breath, hold breath and glue some more, jump out of car to breath than let glue dry. ;LOL

actually, I remember using the breathing method when redoing my headliner with the spray interior dye before doing the vinyl trim

Step, I was thinking the same thing. Was a paper bag involved in Mark's process? :D

IH2LOSE said:
Forget the cost of glue its probably going to cost you double that to run the heat, i am so cheap,I have not fired up the ol garage heater once this year

Dam Larry... Your in the business...Cut lose with the heat..!!!:L

JL66REDCPE said:
Mark -- I also use the same glue. Have had good results. Yep it is expensive - but it works.

Yeah John.. That was a Rob English Recomendation...;)

stepinwolf said:
Mark, in the future, forget about the spray on adhesive. You can purchase a much better quality contact adhesive in a can from " LePage ", and with a few 1$ throw away brushes, complete the job with a total expense of less then 15$. The use of the brush will also guarantee that you will not be applying any overspraw to other parts of the car. Another thing you might want to consider in the future, along with the contact adhesive is one of those cheap hot-glue guns.

Not as a replacement , but rather an additional tool, to be used in addition to the contact adhesive. These little guns have proven in the past to be an excellent choice for certain small areas, and places where there are sharp bends or folds in the material. They are also an excellent choice to hold down the assorted wiring harnesses that run under the carpet.

I always use both, and have never experienced any problems in more then 25 years of carpet installation. By the way, the contact adhesive in a can is the only type of glue the upholstery shops use in the headliners, because nothing else holds up as well to the abuses.

Stepinwolf
Thanks Bob,

Yeah.. I knew I should have posted before I spenet the money for this stuff.
Oh well.. at least I'm using the right stuff.... :beer

Vette66AirCoupe said:

Yes...You are correct...And..I like the sticky feel of tha stuff against my skin...:L

BarryK said:
Mark in his undies........ now that is a mental image I really did NOT need this morning!
Please, anyone, I'll pay $20 to get that image out of my head now.
oh god, the horror, the horror! :eek

Laugh... But it is very comfortable and you save water when doing the wash since all your washing is your sticky shorts..:)

are you REALLY sure the the reason your shorts are sticky?
oh, never mind, please don't answer that........

;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

Lets set the record straight and I should know since I am VNV brother. AS noted he could get by with less coats of glue but he likes to sniff glue. Been a pronlem with him since he was a kid making model airplanes

VNV older brother (oh the burden i Bare)

jims427400 said:
And still druelling on Z06s(decisions-decisions)
Jim...pull the trigger on that......summer is coming.....

vnv bro said:
Lets set the record straight and I should know since I am VNV brother. AS noted he could get by with less coats of glue but he likes to sniff glue. Been a pronlem with him since he was a kid making model airplanes

VNV older brother (oh the burden i Bare)

Ok and I won't tell about the time you rolled your MGA and told our mother that some one side swiped you while parked..She never did ask why the windshild frame was missing...:L

You done with that carpet yet? I'll come over this weekend with my welder to help you finish the job. You want flux core or stainless steel wire?

Talk to you soon. BTW, 24" on the ground in the scenic middle of the state.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom