Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 90 zr1 LOW OIL WARNING LIGHT ON DIC PANEL???

italian job

Corvette
1990 zr1
No one know why there is a "low oil" warning light on DIC panel?

Sure I know: on most cars there is a low oil warning light, and not need a genius to understand what it is.... and we can read on owner manuals how this warning light work and how work all other lights and accessories.Ok.

But here the problem is that both factory service manual and owner manual NOT show presence of any low oil warning light on the 90zr1 DIC, please take a look at your owner manual; you will see a shoot showing the DIC all light on and you will not see a low oil light, also all light have explanation, but again no one word regarding a low oil light.:confused

On my 90 zr1 DIC there is this warning light, but bulb was not present, so I did place a new bulb on the hole and low oil warning light come on... and stay on for ever.

I suspect this a "phantom light" and useless...

What you think?:confused

do you have a sensor and a wire coming out of the side of your oil pan? my 90 does not my 92 on the other hand does.

thanks for answer jonszr1 :)
no there isn't sensor coming out the oil pan

But now I solved this mistery: the "zr1 trivia" section on the zr1 net registry say:

"There was no low oil option on the 1990 model, but the bulb position was the DIC (Driver's Information Center)."

As I supposed the low oil is a "phantom" warning light....
and (me stupid) now I must work again on the car to kill that bulb!

it will take you about 10min to pull the panels to get to the bulb and pull the bulb ,i also pulled the ltpes bulb as i pulled the sensors ,since i drag race all my cars they are unsafe to me, glad i could help

so you drag race with your zr1? then you can tell me about performance improvement I suppose...
I sometime run at track (a very short track but it is only 15 min. from my home)
I suppose the most emissions system=the less performance.
My car has already little mods, like k&n air filter, magnaflow headers and borla exhaust.
You know what other little mods can be done?
Also I' m searching for a performance prom, you know if there are web sellers?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom