Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 92 that won't start after driving

krisT

Corvette
92 lt1
I have a 92 that won't start after it has been driven. Mechanic has replaced fuel pump and distributor. Now seems worse running than before.

I have a 92 that won't start after it has been driven. Mechanic has replaced fuel pump and distributor. Now seems worse running than before.

You might have better luck by posting a question, along with more information.

And changing mechanics...

more info!!!

You might have better luck by posting a question, along with more information.

And changing mechanics...
Well here is more info!! It will start fine and you can drive till you get some where, then if it is hot outside it will not re start. Sounds like it will start but nothing. And sometimes after a couple tries it will run then die out with in a few min. Had it towed three 1 st time was told it was the fuel pump, so changed it ran for about two days then did the same thing had it retowed it resarted when we got it back home , now this time after replacing distributor it won't run for more than 30 sec. an then is very rough.

check out the fpr valve.....not fun to change.... also the IAc valve for rough running or a vac leak... should have changed the fuel relay with the fuel pump...they-re not expensive and easy to change...:D

Brute86

i have a 92 that won't start after it has been driven. Mechanic has replaced fuel pump and distributor. Now seems worse running than before.
it's either fuel or spark. When it wont start remove cap on schrader valve near fuel regulator, and press valve with a nail. If it squirt fuel generally means not a fuel problem.
With spark, the rule of thumb is generally if it doesn't start when cold it's the ignition module, if it doesn't start when hot it's the coil. Since you got a new distributor [optispark] and engine is hot, it is definetely not the module. Good luck.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom