Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

93 Not running right

S

surfer93

Replaced wires,cap and rotor and now the car idles fine but stalls like it is out of gas, but as soon as I put it in gear and give it some gas, car has almost no power and the valves clatter like crazy.

Double checked the wires and they are on correctly and on tight, so did I get a bad cap and/or rotor or did I somehow put the opti on wrong?

The opti slipped on easily and the rotor went into it's slot fine.

Replaced wires,cap and rotor and now the car idles fine but stalls like it is out of gas, but as soon as I put it in gear and give it some gas, car has almost no power and the valves clatter like crazy.

Double checked the wires and they are on correctly and on tight, so did I get a bad cap and/or rotor or did I somehow put the opti on wrong?

The opti slipped on easily and the rotor went into it's slot fine.

Sure has the appearence of timing thats waaaaay advanced. Could there be a knock sensor issue? Or the base timing?

Only other thing that comes to mind is weak fuel pressure. Engines will burp, sputter and rattle as fuel pressure drops from a plugged filter or bad pump. I think it needs around 25 psi to run, and anything less will start burps and sputter, even mild backfiring.

Low voltage (weak spark) will do that too....Like when battery voltage and alt output is poor. Sources of incomplete or poor combustion.

As a rule, you want to go back to whatever it was that was touched before it started the problem. Defective parts are not unheard of with all the Chinese and other Imported electronics. Mfg quality control is non existant in some of these places but the products still find their way to American store shelves.

Cat clogged?

I think it is the coll, it is loose in the frame.

A clogged cat will glow red, along with your manifolds/headers. Check that.

Have you checked your fuel pressure?

Triple check that the wires are on the correct terminal.

What is a coll?

Actually, the LT1 does have a coil and it should be bolted the front of the driver side head.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom