Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'93 shock suggestions ?

misterKTM

Corvette
'93 Black 6 Speed
My car really handles rough corners poorly. If there are bumps or rippled pavement through the corner - it doesn't hole the road very well....I think my pick-up holds the road better actually :-(.

I'm thinking it is time to try a new set of shocks - hoping that helps. Plus I see one of the front's has a wet oily shaft - so it is probably toast. sooooo, any suggestions on shock brand/style/best place to purchase ??

Thanks

Rob

Bilstein.
I like the stock Z51 shock from the 1996 model. Firm but not too firm.

Thanks for the replies - it looks like bilsteins are the prefered choice by many folks, from searching other posts....Are these available from general autoparts stores, or are they just factory items ???

You wont get them at AutoZone. Unless they can order them, but i think Ecklers had the best price.

I was bottoming out on some dips in the road, off ramps, and a couple of other choice areas I have to travel over. There was no oil leaking but the shocks were simply tired. Probably all that weight sitting on them for 10+ years...

My 92 came with the base suspension (FE1). Those are Bilsteins but they are the HD version. Just bought the Bilstein Sports (Z51 style). These make a nice upgrade. Supposed to be about 20% stiffer than the base. Well they are :D

No more bottoming out. The car rides much better.

I got them from VetteBrakes for $300 for the set. Not the best price but the places that offered them for about $270 a set didn't actually have them in stock. VBP had plenty in stock and got them to me quick.

Graham

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom