Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

95 torque conv won't lock/cruise won't engage

DanC

Corvette
1993 Ruby Red Coupe
I have a friend with a 1995 LT1 (auto transmission) with two problems that could be related.

The torque converter doesn't lock up and his cruise control won't engage. The car has been like this since he bought it last year. He only mentioned the problems in passing recently and I haven't had a chance to look at it yet. I'm wondering if the brake light switch could be the common denominator.

My service manual for my 93 shows two brake switches, one for the brake lights and one for the cruise control disengage. Does anyone know if the 95 has a similar setup and which switch disengages the torque converter lockup? I know touching the brake when the torque converter is locked will disengage it.

Any thoughts or similar experiences?

Thanks in advance.

I think your on the right track... I looked at the diagram for this on the 95... from what it looks like it's all in one unit the TCC and Cruise circuts appear to be seperate circuts on the same switch assembly.. the diagram shows that in it's normal state, BRAKES NOT APPLIED the circut is closed.. if both are not working I would suspect the switch...

Good luck.. if you want the diagram I was looking at e-mail me at Rick@RickAnthonyMotorsports.net and I will try to e-mail it to you..
Thanks,
-=Rick

E-mail sent.. hope it helps....

Got it!
Thanks again. I'll let you know how this works out.
Dan

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom