Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

95 won't start?

95VETTE

Corvette
95 Polo Green
Hi All,
I have 1995 LT1, Got in the car the other day, turned the key and nothing, dash lights came on, radio, A/C. Thought the battery was the problem so I put it on the charger and go to work, come home, charger reads "charged" get in turn the key and the same thing happens?? I then noticed a tick, tick, tick coming from under the dash over by the passenger floor well. When I put any load on the car the ticking stops (turn the key, try the lights).I opened the fuse box and start checking fuses, when I get to the CCM fuse and pulled it the ticking stops. Is it a weak battery or do I have other problems?

Thanks
George

Hi All,
I have 1995 LT1, Got in the car the other day, turned the key and nothing, dash lights came on, radio, A/C. Thought the battery was the problem so I put it on the charger and go to work, come home, charger reads "charged" get in turn the key and the same thing happens?? I then noticed a tick, tick, tick coming from under the dash over by the passenger floor well. When I put any load on the car the ticking stops (turn the key, try the lights).I opened the fuse box and start checking fuses, when I get to the CCM fuse and pulled it the ticking stops. Is it a weak battery or do I have other problems?

Thanks
George
Clean the pellet on your key with a pencil eraser,and make sure that the contacts are clean in the Ignition Key Cylinder!! If that don't work,try another key!!:thumb:thumb:thumb
I'd say V.A.T.S. is kicking in!!:thumb

Clean the pellet on your key with a pencil eraser,and make sure that the contacts are clean in the Ignition Key Cylinder!! If that don't work,try another key!!:thumb:thumb:thumb
I'd say V.A.T.S. is kicking in!!:thumb

Thanks gmjunkie, I'll give that a shot when I get home.

Pocket lint can change the resistance of the key, as well as finger jam (grease and oil from yer Popeye's fried chicken and biscuit, tar from your Lucky Strike no filter, golden nose trophys that you go mining for when no one's looking, etc...) Use a BIG eraser uh huh to get the corners.

VATS don't like that stuff NOPE :L .

95 No Start

My '95 did the same no start trick. Cleaned the key pellet with no improvement. Used a foam earplug to clean the key slot and got lots of 'ear wax' out of it. Almost pushed the plug in too far and had to get tweezers to extract it. But the car started!
Don't use swabs as the threads can cling inside the tumblers.
Good luck.
PS I now carry a set of VATS bypass resistors for the ultimate cure if needed.

Hi All,

Thanks
George

Maybe a "load check" on the battery...dirty cable connections?

Had the same problem with my 94 LT1. Checked the battery posts and found one loose in the battery. Replaced the battery and no problems after the replacement.
Barrett

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom