Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

95 ZR-1 or 96 GS

Redmanf1

What do you think?
95 ZR-1 with 45K miles Bk
96 GS coupe with 35K miles admiral & BK guts
Both are in very good shape but the ZR-1 is 5K more. What do you think would be a good price on them? What would you buy?

Well, since I'm one of the 190 GS convertible owners, you know where my vote goes!! It has power (albeit less than the ZR1), and it certainly has rarity so I say GS all the way...:_rock

Elaine

There is no one right answer to this question...they are both great cars!!!!

Depends one your objectives, available service support, etc...

Personally I would probably go with the GS.....lower $, lower miles, generally more service support available, great performance......BUT a ZR1 is also a great choice...

Go with the ZR1 man. It is an impressive sight when you open the hood and see the LT5 staring back at you.

Well . . .

It would be great to buy both of them! :upthumbs

Redmanf1 said:
What do you think?
95 ZR-1 with 45K miles Bk
96 GS coupe with 35K miles admiral & BK guts
Both are in very good shape but the ZR-1 is 5K more. What do you think would be a good price on them? What would you buy?
The ZR-1 will probably be in the $30K range and the GS in the mid $20K area.

Low mile GS's are going in the $30K range

Enjoy the hunt . . . let us know which beast you end up with!

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

I love the look of the LT5 engine, however, you can't see it while driving and most people don't know the differance looking at them. You cant beat the look of the G/S RPO Z 16 package. Only 1000 were produced. With the LT4 and 330 hp, I,m sure it's fun to drive. That Z16 option was a $3250 cost over the bace coupe. Also, the LT4 engine was another $1450 option. Just my opinion, I would go with the G/S. Like women, pick the one that turns you on, or the one you can afford.

Nothing like the king though. I thought the 95 ZR1 had the same size tires and rims as the GS, I might be wrong though.

Justin

Go with the GS. :D It's an underrated 330hp and the paint job catches eyes, even eyes that aren't interested in Corvettes.

I personally love the contrast of the black wheels with the blue calipers on the GS. :upthumbs

are you also looking at this as a possible investment for the future or just for fun driving now?
If you are considering resell value later on down the road consider that while the GS was very limited at 1000 units, the '95 ZR-1's were more limited at only 448 units I believe. Someone more familiar with the ZR-1's will correct me if I'm wrong on that production number but I seem to recall that number from reading it somewhere.

BarryK said:
are you also looking at this as a possible investment for the future or just for fun driving now?
If you are considering resell value later on down the road consider that while the GS was very limited at 1000 units, the '95 ZR-1's were more limited at only 448 units I believe. Someone more familiar with the ZR-1's will correct me if I'm wrong on that production number but I seem to recall that number from reading it somewhere.

I think investment wise that will be many years down the road and for someone else. I am looking to pick something up to play with for a little while. Then when I get tired of it to be able to resell without sitting on it for a year and taking a beating. I thought about getting a Callaway but the ones that I think are fairly reasonable are the 88 & 89's. I like the 90 up dash. I sold my pace car and bought an early chevelle convertible and all ready sold it. I am in no hurry I just like having something I can toy with. Thanks for all the reply's

warren s said:
No offense intended, but is it not?
None taken. Both came with P315/35ZR17 tires mounted on 17x11 wheels on the rear.

Edmond said:
I personally love the contrast of the black wheels with the blue calipers on the GS. :upthumbs
Blue calipers? Only if someone painted them. Stock calipers were black with raised CORVETTE printing on the fronts.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom