Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

96 AC Light Flashing code 02 Temp Blend Door Malfunction

NO! do NOT plug the new motor up before you install it, if the angle is wrong you can gently turn the blend door shaft that stick down from the heater box. The blend door motor is right about where the top of your feet would be while sitting in the drivers seat. It really wont take 5 minutes to swap them. its only held in by two 5.5 mm screws. Search the forum here, there are some pictures on a thread I head recently.

NO! do NOT plug the new motor up before you install it, if the angle is wrong you can gently turn the blend door shaft that stick down from the heater box. The blend door motor is right about where the top of your feet would be while sitting in the drivers seat. It really wont take 5 minutes to swap them. its only held in by two 5.5 mm screws. Search the forum here, there are some pictures on a thread I head recently.

Thanks, once more! I thought the door would be hard to turn just using the shaft that sticks down into the motor. I was suspicious that my motor had broken due to the shaft being too hard to turn as a result of rust in the vicinity of the shaft from a clogged AC drain. My AC doesn't work, but I'm not going to fix it until I have the blend door problem fixed.
One last item- you said "...motor is right about where the top of your feet would be while sitting in the drivers seat."
Didn't you mean "while sitting in the passenger's seat? :confused

I'm looking forward to getting this job done. I was driving the vert in traffic today with the top down, and loving life, except for my feet which were simmering! :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom