Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

96 Daytime Running Lights ???

V

vetfever

Anyone have information on converting the "driving lights" to daytime running lights on a '96? Is there any boxed solution to this? -- I want to have the driving lights come on with the ignition, but none of the other lights. -- any thoughts, comments appreciated.

BTT I'm interested in following this thread too.
I presume by "driving lights" you mean the lowest level lights - below the headlights.
Mine are operated by a switch to the right of the main light switch, and are clear when on.
I'd like to have some front lights on whenever the ignition is on, possibly also linked to the park/neutral switch so they only go on whjen I'm likely to be in motion.

vetfever,

I recently installed a DRL kit on my 90 Convertible, however, it keeps the amber turn signals on (like the C5's). Cost was $29.95 plus a few bucks shipping.

I liked it so well, I bought a kit for my wife's Olds as well. Installation was a piece of cake, but you have to cut the harness wiring.

The company and I exchanged emails for about a week before I committed to buy one and Lawrence was always prompt and courteous. If you are interested, tell him Pete with the 90 'vert sent ya!

Here's the info:

http://members.nccw.net/webe/products/drl/drlad.htm

Thanks Blazer! Was this the only vendor you found? Not that I have a problem with them, just was curious. This looks and sounds pretty simple - just need to take a look at the existing wiring and find it all before I order. I was originally thinking about having the front driving lights come on, but I guess most of the newer generation vehicles utilize the turn signal as the DRLs instead. I'll look things over tonight and probably order tomorrow. Thanks again!

That was the only one I found that was in reasonable price range. Either Ecklers or Mid-America have a plug and play set that plugs into the existing harness and requires no cutting. Price is approximately $180. Then I found this website and thought for $150 savings I'd give it a try.

On my 90, I mounted the module on the left side, attached to the back of the horn bracket. The brown wire on the socket goes to the parking lights, the blue wire goes to the actual turn signal. I got the ignition power source from the fan relays. A chassis ground is on the frame rail just to the right of the horn bracket. Again this is how it went on my 1990, check local listings if the same color code applies to your car.

Instructions are very clear, but if you have a problem, feel free to email me.

Thanks Blazer. You've been very helpful and probably saved me $150 also !!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom