Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 97 C5, cd changer cant be advanced manually by using a button

targatom

Corvette
1985 n 1997
Hi, I am relatively new to this cd changer, afaik, its a bose changer, I can advance from track to track, by pushing the,,,,, next,,,, button. However, if I want to advance a whole cd, in other words, move from one cd to the next,, I cant do it with a particular button, I end up advancing track to track to the end of the tracks, then having to wait for the machine to advance to the next cd. I just want to do it manually, since I end up stuck in the same cd, since every time I shut the car off, it goes back to the first cd. What button or combos should I be pushing please. Thanks

Hi, I am relatively new to this cd changer, afaik, its a bose changer, I can advance from track to track, by pushing the,,,,, next,,,, button. However, if I want to advance a whole cd, in other words, move from one cd to the next,, I cant do it with a particular button, I end up advancing track to track to the end of the tracks, then having to wait for the machine to advance to the next cd. I just want to do it manually, since I end up stuck in the same cd, since every time I shut the car off, it goes back to the first cd. What button or combos should I be pushing please. Thanks

You'll probably get a better/faster answer if you post in the C5 Forum - this forum is for C1/C2, decades before CD's were invented. ;)

97 cd changer will not advance manually

Hi,
I am relatively new to this changer, its the bose oem, the changer will advance only in an automatic fashion, from disc to disc, in other words, I cant push a known button, and get the changer to move to the next disc, the only way to accomplish that, is to let it play thru the entire playlist, and after the final song, the changer will automatically move to the new disc. How do I change it manually since there are plenty of cds there that I wish to move thru without listening to. Am I missing something here, I recall the manual, does not show a way to do this??????????????

sorry, I posted to the wrong forum, has been reposted to C5 forum

You'll probably get a better/faster answer if you post in the C5 Forum - this forum is for C1/C2, decades before CD's were invented. ;)

sorry, I posted to the wrong forum, has been reposted to C5 forum maybe someone can fill me in on how to delete this erroneous post

I'm pretty sure there's a way to do that, can't remember how though. I took the changer out in favor of an Ipod adapter, so I can't even go out and mess with it to see. Someone will be by soon to explain what's up. :w

PROG (2)Press this button to select a disc. The disc number and track number will be displayed."

From pg 3-24 of the owners manual. Sorry about the messy copy and paste; it is from a PDF of the manual. We have one but we haven't used it

Not Sure about the 97"s, but on my 2003, if I push the #5 Preset Radio Station button while the CD is playing, it will advance to the next CD. Hope it works for you.

Now she wants to load it and see how it works, thanks ponna.. ;)

We are going camping tomorrow so it will be a couple of days.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom