Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

99 Torch Red Newbie From Tennessee

Rcurry23

Corvette
1999 Torch Red Coupe
Hey, my name is Mike and I am a total newbie in the Vette scene. I have wanted one for about ten years and finally went out Friday and bought a 1999 Torch Red Coupe. All I can say is, I Love It!!! Way more than I expected. I have a couple things to fix like the drivers side headlight quit on me and the air is blowing hot on the drivers side and cold on the passanger side. I am also having a problem with the 12 disc changer. I filled the magazine, and the radio finds the disc's, but they won't play. It just comes up ERR in the display. Anyways, I can't wait to start modding. Only thing that has been done to it is a Volant CAI, and a Corsa Exhaust. Besides that its pretty much a stock 6 speed coupe.

Thanks for the welcome! I figured out the disk changer. Had the disk in the magazine upside down. So now just to fix the headlight motor, which I ordered the gears for today to do both. And figure out the air thing. I was told to get a new unit, is this true?

welcome to CAC!!!!:welcome
enjoy the vette!!!!!

Mike, welcome to the :CAC !!

I see that you've been supplied links to the C5 section and the current headlight thread so I'll include a link to a thread when I had a similar issue with my AC.

Click here

I'll also include a link to a thread I put together for new C5 owners: Click here

Good luck with your issues. You'll find it difficult to wipe the new Corvette grin off your face even while dealing with the headaches. :D

:wJane Ann

WECOME TO CAC

Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER, glad you decided to join us, the more the merrier as they say :beer

Bill :w

Welcome to CAC! You will have a blast here!

WHILE YOU ARE AT IT, PLEASE SAVE THE :w

Welcome to the CAC, we always need more torch red corvettes - great choice of color for your first corvette, but them I am biased. Need to see some pics when you get time.
Again, welcome again.
Barrett

What is it they say; "All Corvettes Are Red" but I am not buying it, just who are they anyway?

Welcome aboard. Enjoy !!!! :beer

Welcome to the CAC, we always need more torch red corvettes - great choice of color for your first corvette, but them I am biased. Need to see some pics when you get time.
Again, welcome again.
Barrett

I would normally agree with posting a picture, but the previous owner powdercoated the wagon wheels red, and I'm having a hard time with those right now! They aren't BAD, just don't look right, to me. As soon as I figure out what to do with wheels I will post some pictures.

I would normally agree with posting a picture, but the previous owner powdercoated the wagon wheels red, and I'm having a hard time with those right now! They aren't BAD, just don't look right, to me. As soon as I figure out what to do with wheels I will post some pictures.

Buy Chrome.

Buy Chrome.

I was thinking the same thing. :L

My '98 wagon wheels were chromed by the previous owner and I love 'em!

It seems like I saw a set for sale recently... maybe in the C5 parts for sale section.

HPIM0261_E.jpg

:wJane Ann

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom