Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A/C blows on Floor and Windshield

G

ghfun

I noticed two weeks ago, after starting the 96 C4 the Climate Control starts with the air blowing on the floor and Windshield and took a minute maybe 2 minutes to switch to blowing out the AC vents. Yesterday and today it wil not switch to the AC vents at all and none of the vent air flow buttons work. I thought the doors controling the air flow direction were vacume controled but when I pulled out the climate control module it has no vacume lines attached. Any help will be greatly appreciated, its hot in the south and this problem is the pits. Thanks! I'll check back or email ghfun@aol.com.

Gotta inspect your VAC lines under the hood. YEAH all of em. the one you seek in a 96 ( I believe ) runs from the pass side of the air runner( intake ) twds firewall and it's a moulded HARD plastic line which snakes down twds the firewall.. SOMETIMES it gets chafed or melted and leaks.. Listen for a hiss.

I believe the vac goes under the dash to the actuator box.... not the head.

Is it MANUAL AC or AUTO?

Vig!

Correction,

It does go the the actuator (in a 93...should be same) which is under ther dash over your toe when your foot is on the accelerator.

There is a coupling behind the radio for INCOMING vac.. then it goes to the control head.

The VAC feed LOOKS like it comes in from the CENTER of the firewall.

It sez in the book you can get to the vac connector by removing lower left trim panel.

Looks kinda like antenna connector.

The book dosen't state where the VAC sources from.

But it does say there is a check valve in the line ( those fail )

Have fun hunting

Vig!

ac blows on floor and windshield

It is auto climate control - Thanks for the info.

Thanks buddy your great. I will get on that tomorrow.

Your Welcome

Always glad to lend a hand!

Vig!

May be easier.....

The top 2 lines on the vac controller
G left ( Black )
A right ( No connection )

The black line will have mainfold vac on it. It is the source!

AND inspect your cruise...if it works the VAC supply should be OK.. but if it ...sluggy/ surgy you have a leak somewhere.

INSPECT ALL THE LINES CLOSELY!

Vig!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom