Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

a/c doesn't blow cold

tomj1404

Corvette
I converted my a/c system over to the new type of freon last summer and it worked great. Well now it doesn't. I know that the system is charged because when I turn it on the compressor turns on and the pipe under the hood gets all frosty, but for some reason cold air isn't coming out of my vents, it's just the same temperature as the outside air. Can someone please give me a few hints about what I should be checking?

check the evaporater to see if it is plugged up with debris . and check the mode door operation .if the low side pipe is getting good and cold it has to be something with the air distrubution system in my opinion :w steve

steve: Location of debris in evaporator? I thought it was a sealed to firewall unit? Do you mean debris inside the evap. housing that has clogged the evaporator? Sorry, I need to be educated on the issue! I do not know that much about the AC system.

the debris falls in from the vents by the wiper area you also can pick-up a lot of road grime over the years. if the evaproater is starting to leak oil and freon from the system it gets on the core and attracts dirt like crazy it would look like it has a blanket on. you can take a peek in there by removing the blower resistor ;) steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom