Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A/C Mounting (Bracket) Issues

H

Hijinx

All,
I need some help. Today I have all the factory brackets being cleaned and powdercoated. However, I plan to go with the later model factory shortie header in the near future. The A/C bracket becomes an issue with this, as these manifold tubes go down, like most headers, instead of up like the ram's horn that I use today. This will present a problem when trying to hook up the factory air. Does anybody have a solution for this? I planned on using the later factory manifold because of its raised bolt bosses that look like they could accept most brackets. However the routing of the pipe and the way that part of the factory A/C bracket is made wont work. Later model brackets will not work (I dont believe) with my long style compressor. I'm sure some of you have experience with this. Any help would be appreciated.

The company that makes the headers (hooker or who ever) makes a bracket kit for relocating and properly securing the compressor. They sometimes charge for it but usually give it to you when you buy the headers.

Hijinx,
Hookers does provide an AC Adapter Bracket. They sent me one with their headers and I didnt even Have AC.
I would say All aftermarket company's selling headers has a provision for AC adapting if necessary..No problem with that..
TC

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom