Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

a/c question

bill5674

Corvette
Tring to check codes on climate control.Usaed self diagnosis like manual said.push both fan switch display -00 .Push auto and unit should disply codes .getting a 00 not used code anybody have any luck with this.Air out of ducts is not very strong ,fan on 10 all doors for ducts seem to be working .Any member familar with a/c on 90

no numbers generaly mean no codes i think i would remove the resistors from the heater box and check to see if the evaporator is clogged up with leaves or other garbage it would not be the first time i saw that condition ;) steve

A/C question

Is the blower running at all? I had a similar problem with my 86. Turned out to be the blower control module. To check it the factory manual says to check the black with red stripe wire on the four wire plug at the module.(it's mounted in the same place as the resistor for standard a/c cars on the blower housing)With the control set in auto and fan speed at 10 you should have 12 volts. If you don't have 12 volts replace the blower control module.If you do have 12 volts check the brown wire in the same connector it should have 5.5 volts on it. If this is confusing shoot me an e mail and i will try to fax you the blower check out from my helms. I think it's just three or for pages. Good luck Charlie

Thanks guys ,yes the blower is running .I know early gm did not have the most powerful blowers around. Will check for crap in evaporator.

Okay 12v at blower with unit on high. Didn`t check volts at lower speed ,Ibelieve it should change.Have factory manual was hoping somebody was down this road .Also noticed volume of air out ducts does not change with blower setting.What I mean is same blower sound and air movement at 1 as there is at10 .also no junk in evaporator. Pulled blower down to check for crap in there .Any short cuts ??? thanks

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom