Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

a/c vacuum diagram

bill5674

Corvette
found several old threads on my latest a/c trouble.blowing out the floor and dash only.understand connector at module under dash is prone to leaking.real pain to get to.question now is where on engine is vacuum plummed to controler and does any body have diagram of vacuum lines...factory manual has nothing.

maybe i should start a thread about what wax i use??

hmmm I'm trying to remember what thread it was in. Anyways there's a very good description on here of the vacuum Lines it's worth searching to find but I'll do my best (in short and I hope my memories not faulty) a line comes from the big cannister beside the left headlight and runs back to the drivers side back of the engine. There it connects to a check valve which feeds the interior air direction controls and the cruise control (at least on my 84, the 90 may be different) then connects on mine to CFI manifold.
If it is like mine, if your cruise control works that part of the vacuum is not your air direction problem.

Bobmook is right on. The diverter valve is on the drivers side of the distributor, between the dist. and the firewall. Vaccuum goes from the diverter valve to a hard line (plastic) down around the passenger side, through the firewall, and to the HVAC system in the cabin.

:w

thanks for the info guys, found vacuum line from the canister to inside cab,had a hole rubbed through.thanks again for the help.

Well... do you have proper A/C again? :D

sorry guys ,guess ididn`t make myself clear.after fixing the leak things are back to normal. thanks again.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom