Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A/C Wire Harness Question

dbarley

Corvette
1976 L-48, Flame Orange!
First off, I want to say hello to everyone on the forum. I've been a forum member for a while now, but this is my first post. I still need to get some pictures of my car and post them.

I've got a '76 that I've been trying to fix some odds and ends on. When I bought the car, I knew it had a bad compressor and a busted AC line. I've replaced those parts and have the system all resealed. I am going to charge the system w/ R12 (hopefully this weekend!!!!).

Anyway, the question I have is regarding the A/C Wire Harness. It appears that I may be missing one connector. Along the passenger side of the engine compartment, there is a valve in the line (the low pressure valve I assume). The green wire harness I have right now has a plug that connects to one of the terminals on he valve. But what connects to the other terminal?

My guess is that the other terminal is just for a ground connection? Can someone confirmt this for me? My car is a late '76, so it has the short compressor if that matters.

Thanks for the help!

David
(Waiting for the "June Gloom" to burn off so I can enjoy my weekend!)

David,

Coming off of the compressor are 3 wires; a 14 ga. black to ground and 2 16 ga. Dark Green wires - 1 to the pressure switch and 1 to the idle stop solenoid.

The pressure switch has the 16 Dark Green wire and a 16 ga. Tan wire that goes to the compresor switch on the other (passenger) side of the dash panel.

Don

Don,

Thanks for the help. You cleared things up. It was the idle stop solinoid wire that was missing. I've put together a new one. Everything looks good now.

David

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom