Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A Chevrolet Corvette the only ‘authenticated’ return under GM’s 60-day guarantee

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
A Chevrolet Corvette the only ‘authenticated’ return under GM’s 60-day guarantee, Lutz says

By GREG MIGLIORE
AutoWeek.com

One car has been returned under General Motors’ unconventional 60-day return policy--a Chevrolet Corvette.

The reason? A customer grew tired of shifting with the manual gearbox, GM vice chairman Bob Lutz said on Wednesday. The Vette was exchanged for one equipped with an automatic transmission.

Recounting the story for journalists at a luncheon event in Detroit, Lutz said it’s the only “authenticated” incident of a car being returned under GM’s new program, which offers the challenge, “May the Best Car Win.”

Lutz said: “He brought it back because he made a mistake.”

Read more: A Chevrolet Corvette the only ‘authenticated’ return under GM’s 60-day guarantee, Lutz says: AutoWeekMagazine

I've heard a second hand account of a new V6 Camaro being returned. the guy had it about 2 weeks and returned it because the neighbor smoked him with his old 55 Chevy.

There maybe a few ,just a few returns that GM has or will sweep under the carpet .No sense starting a return trend that the could embarrass GM or it's Gov't owner.

That said ,It's a good marketing offer.I've had a few Fords and Chev pickups that had the offer been in place back a few years ago i'da taken 'em up on the return offer.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom