Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A competitor for Callaway: 614hp Twin Turbo Geiger C6

Correction... 616HP was for a 2007 Model Year C6.

With Callaway, the 2008 Model Year is more!

The Geiger styling is not drastic enough for me to pay the added costs (and on a persal note, I do not like the rear diffuser with the fins) and they do not show any interior changes which I would hope in that price range.

Interesting though...

-Luigi
:cool

Geiger has always come up with extreme designs - they are subjective, just like any interpretation of a restyle :cool

616 was last year for sure - MORE POWER for 2008 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lou

Geiger cars seem to much better received in Europe than here. They don't push my buttons, but that is true of many body mod cars! :ugh

At least they left the fenders more or less alone. In my mind, Geiger = fenders flared out 3 feet from the rest of the car.

I wonder how it would look in a better color? That orange and black isn't quite my style, and the orange almost looks flat like they haven't clearcoated it yet?

Unfortunately - there are too many "corvette purists" that "need" to keep the original body (which I admit is much nicer on the C6 than the C5). It is nice to have a choice in the C16 (or others) to seperate yours from the run of the mill.

On the other side - there are too many people who want cheap bolt-ons rather than a combination of components which are engineered to work together "like a system" where there is no doubt that Callaway does the "powerful engineering" to back their designs.

I have still to hear of anyone to beat the track numbers which were published with the development of the C36 Corvette and whose components are available for C6, and go into Callaway C16s.

I thought long and hard when it came to a choice for my new C6 corvette :) and found hands down that Callaway was again the way to go.

-Luigi
:cool

The old C4 Geigers are nice to see as long as the are moving and you don't get the change to take a good look. It's all for show and nothing if well designed to improve things. When I look at the Geiger C6 front bumper in general what you see is what all after market "tuned up" front bumper of any car looks like so thats no good either. The rear is interesting because it is different. But it looks like the rear lights are much smaller and that is ashame.

What we like here in Europe are more the Aston Martin kind of cars. Very nice design and not to loud, the Geigers are just the other way around...

Groeten Peter

BTW, a very nice competitor for Callaway will be the new ZR1, or is it build with Callaway tech?

Groeten Peter

Callaway vs. bolt on

Callaway's approach seems to have a refined elegance which most of the "bolt" on tuners approaches lack.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom