Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A few new Corvette Stingray Concept pictures for y'all...

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
254wjlj.jpg

2itre38.jpg

w6zk05.jpg

2w2lwcl.jpg

rrqvc0.jpg

Great looking concept but you'll never seen anything like that on the street. I like the split rear window part of it but the doors bug me somewhat.

Way to radical for me. There are parts of it I like, the emblem on the rear is sweet. Interior also very nice. I like the split window, but the headlights, not so much.

The rear view looks great. Too bad the real car would need to have side marker lights to mess up the clean look. I also would not want to get hit even slightly. But the car looks awesome.

I'd buy one in a heartbeat. The Shooter.

That should read thanks Shooter. No coffee yet.

I think the design needs some smoothing out. The headlights and taillights look awful. I love the profile of the car and the high arches over the front wheels. I'm mixed on the split rear window. It looks nice, but I think it will be a royal pita to see out of.

I see similarities with the Jay Leno EcoJet Car both in front and inside.

I love it!:Steer

The name "Batmobile" seems appropriate here. :) I do like it however, especially the headlights, taillights, and the interior. I don't care for the grill or the split rear window. Big question: price tag!

refinements

Yup, I agree, round tail lights and toning down some on the rear and front. That is, just a bit smaller with the protruding parts. Oh and did I mention round tail lights? And a center mount gas fill access in the rear.
Overall I like it. Gone is the big vacuum creating ass end of the C5-6 era.
Scott

I've been tempted to buy a C5 and the C6 when they came out but refrained from both. I too would buy the pictured C7 in a heartbeat; even if GM now stands for Government Motors ;).

Nice interior, but Cadillac front and Batmobile rear. Not a big fan of this design.

Stingray!!!

Awesome! The new Stringray for 21st century. This one has it all for me!

C7 stingray

Looks like a Cadillac, too notchy. Looks overweight, like the new Camaro. Aerodynamics can be deceptive, but it looks like a lot of air turbulence. And Corvettes have round tail lights. In general this seems a boulevard cruiser, not something tuned on the Nurburgring, not like a potential race car.

This is a concept car and it was in the movie Transformers, correct? I would not put a whole lot of stock in what it looks like now and what it may look like when and if it hits the streets.

All that said, I do like it and think it looks very futuristic. I agree the headlights do look Cadillac style. I would rather see the twin tail lights again in some form. I do like the interior especially the race style seats and a few CF touches. I wish I had went to the museum to see this one when they brought it out at the C5/C6 bash. I could have slobbered all over it with the rest of the folks.

Round Tail lights?

I've seen several replies about Corvettes having round tail lights; what gives? They haven't always been round, there was a time they were more oblong than round.

There was a time when they didn't have side windows, but now they do.

There was a time when they didn't have seatbelts, but now they do.

There was a time when they didn't have plastic parts, but know they do.

I understand the importance of heritage but welcome change for the right reasons. More than the shape of the tail lights define Corvette. When technology and style fuse together in the right way it won't matter if the tail lights are round, square, oblong or triangle it WILL be a Corvette.

I agree there are a few pieces that look too similar to other cars but I know when the time comes the C7 will stand alone. Otherwise it will be left alone........ on the showroom.:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom