Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A good Corvette parts supplier

L88 crazy

Corvette
1972 Blue T top
A Good, A Bad, and An Ugly Corvette parts supplier

To all Corvette Owners.

Who is the best Corvette parts supplier for 1968 to 1982 Corvette parts and who is the worst. Corvette Central and Eckler come up a lot in my mind as good suppliers. Can anyone share their experiences with parts suppliers?

I've had good luck with corvette central, mid america, ecklers, and willcox. I usually use mid america, and ecklers to find what I want to get, since they have such great catalogs, and then buy from corvette central since they usualy have the best prices.

-Chris

interiors

For interiors for your Vette go to http://www.nitroalley.net and recieve a special forum member price to buy the top of the line Knoch interiors factory direct. Just E mail your needs to them.:upthumbs

Corvette Central has pretty much always had the best prices for me. When they didn't have it, then Ecklers was the next best. Mid American doesn't seem to have many parts as much as apparel and accessories.

The only thing with Corvette Central is they don't tell you about product availability. So, if something is backordered, you won't know until you receive another part of your package seperately. Of course, you can always just call!

- Jeremy

I try to buy from Mid America because they are reliable, and they are just down state from me, which means most orders get to me next day anyway. I would recommend finding the closest reliable place to you, and form a relationship with them... that's the best way to get what you want when you want it, at the price you want it at.

I am a big fan of Dr Rebuild. Prices are fair and quality is great. Also the diagrams in the catalog are invaluable. He also carries almost anything you need including some NOS parts you can't get anywhere else.

Re: A Good, A Bad, and An Ugly Corvette parts supplier

L88 crazy said:
To all Corvette Owners.

Who is the best Corvette parts supplier for 1968 to 1982 Corvette parts and who is the worst. Corvette Central and Eckler come up a lot in my mind as good suppliers. Can anyone share their experiences with parts suppliers?

I use Corvette Central. I find there prices are better than others and they deliver fast. If you tell them to RUSH your order, you can get it in a day or two.

I've only had one order they could not fill and that was for an exhaust system.

Kevin

Vette Brakes & Products has lowered several wearable parts in price for their new 2004 catalog that is comming out next week.
I am a sales rep for them, give us a shot ! Ask for Tony or tony@vettebrakes.com

Sport 718 said:
Vette Brakes & Products has lowered several wearable parts in price for their new 2004 catalog that is comming out next week.
I am a sales rep for them, give us a shot ! Ask for Tony or tony@vettebrakes.com

Tony,

You're advertising your company for free on the forums here which really isn't fair to the other Community Vendors that do pay to advertise here. Please refrain from advertising your company any further unless you would like to become a Community Vendor. For information on doing so, please see http://corvetteactioncenter.com/advertise/

I will be happy to answer any questions you may have and work with you.

Corvette Central

I agree, CC are one of the best. But if you're in MI, as I am, don't forget to add in sales tax. Often this makes Ecklers cheapest.

BTW - I think the Corvette Central web site is about the best. Easy to search and order on line.

I think ecklers is best for restoration parts.Then comes mid america no luck with corvette central.

I dislike Ecklers... every time I need a part, they do not carry it.

My advice . . . from experience . . . I don't buy anything until I check www.rockauto.com first. They don't have everything specific to the vette--but for the generic "Chevy" (and other) stuff, nobody has been able to beat their prices. My last purchase was a cruise transducer--paid a bit more than HALF(!) what everybody else was asking. Good, quick service, no problems and then they put you on the mailing list and give you an extra 5% off every once in a while.

Just got done rebuilding the front end of my 76. Ordered all the parts from Eklers. 4 right hand tie rods came. They sent me the two lefts after I called. Then, after it was all together, 3 of the four tie rods would not take grease and the Idler Arm would not grease. Take it for what it's worth.

I have had good luck with Volunteer Vette Products
for my 76 along with many others it pays to shop around.
I also bought much from Ebay and found several sellers who had excellent repro parts at lower prices.
Craig sr.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom