Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A>I>R> air pump hose and vacume routing

AnthonyMicheal

Corvette
86 bright red Corvette w/ 400 cid w/TPI new rebuil
Hi Guys, New here but looking for some help w/ new rebuild...

I just acquired a 86 Vette that needed some help and after finding a bad rod bearing on # 3 cyl, I decided to do a complete rebuild on the engine. After discovering the engine was not the orig. but a 400 cid, I continued the rebuild and started the installation:happyanim: Anyway, did I mention? The engine was removed by someone else. After a lengthy process of puzzling the accessories back together the best I could to factory there are a few things I can't seem to figure out quite possibly because the parts are not there:mad I consider myself very resourceful in most situations but I can't seem to find information on the routing of the A.I.R. air pump hoses and a correct routing of the associated vacume. There is also a connector under the plenum to the left of the egr I'm assuming, that I can not find the wire for. Thanks to the info I got here a few minutes ago, I did get the routing for the egr vacume.:thumb Can you guys direct me to the best place for the info I need for the Air pump? Diagrams, schematics whatever? Hopefully, you could also read between the lines that I bought this car with very humble means which also means I ve exhausted resources for being able to afford the luxury of obtaining the more informative reading material to finish. :chuckle Can someone help me out so I can start enjoying my investment instead of regretting a new liability? Please!:upthumbs Thanks for reading this post... Anthony

There is also a connector under the plenum that I can not find the wire for.
The IAT /MAT sensor.
There was a short harness that goes from that sensor to a connector on the main engine harness ( on firewall) by the dist

I can't seem to find information on the routing of the A.I.R. air pump hoses and a correct routing of the associated vacume.

vacuum85-86.gif

Last edited:
Thank you for that info. I imagine thats a important element to examine. Ant

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom