Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A little surprise discovered tonight - baseball, hotdogs, apple pie and Chevrolet.

trackitman

Corvette
1992 Convertible White 6 sp
Hello - While replacing some rear speakers this evening in my '92 convertible, I noticed some markings underneath some of the insulation / sound deadening material. It dawned on me that I was looking at a baseball bat and ball. I had to rub my eyes almost to make sure what I saw. No doubt, the more stuff I moved around I then saw a hotdog, then an apple pie, then finally the Chevrolet emblem. Caught me by surprise. Don't believe me? Check out the pics I just took. Has anyone else seen these? If so, wonder if there are other hidden places for this. Is this a tradition with Chevy that I didn't know about? Another little something to enjoy with these cars.

Hey...I took the detour from the other thread to get here. Very cool, thanks for posting the pics.

exactly where?

I have heard of this before, but still don't know exactly where to look for it. Does anyone know if this is peculiar to just one year, and just convertibles?

Inquiring minds want to know...:confused

Jim S. :w

The location is on the back deck above the passenger side rear speaker (you can see one of the screw clips in the pic) and underneath the carpet and sound insulation. You need to remove the speaker cover, fold back the carpet (remove big black plugs) then peal back the insulation just above the speaker. You may also need to remove the speaker possibly to prevent any damage. I don't recall the exact sequence so don't hold me to it.

PS- From Nashua? I went to high school in Milford, class of '79.

Thanks!

The location is on the back deck above the passenger side rear speaker (you can see one of the screw clips in the pic) and underneath the carpet and sound insulation. You need to remove the speaker cover, fold back the carpet (remove big black plugs) then peal back the insulation just above the speaker. You may also need to remove the speaker possibly to prevent any damage. I don't recall the exact sequence so don't hold me to it.

Thanks! :D

We've lived here since 1976.

Jim S. :w

Hello - While replacing some rear speakers this evening in my '92 convertible, I noticed some markings underneath some of the insulation / sound deadening material. It dawned on me that I was looking at a baseball bat and ball. I had to rub my eyes almost to make sure what I saw. No doubt, the more stuff I moved around I then saw a hotdog, then an apple pie, then finally the Chevrolet emblem. Caught me by surprise. Don't believe me? Check out the pics I just took. Has anyone else seen these? If so, wonder if there are other hidden places for this. Is this a tradition with Chevy that I didn't know about? Another little something to enjoy with these cars.
MAN.....I would DEFINITELY be sending those pix to the Corvette Museum and asking them about it! I can just see it now.....there's gonna be a run on Mid America for carpets and sound deadening material! :boogie By all means, let us know what they say if you ask.
Andy:w

I've already got my carpet and pad out for some wiring. Will look tonight and if they're there, will post pics, too.

2007_0311ThursdayEighth0005-1.jpg

2007_0311ThursdayEighth0006.jpg

Well, that is just the coolest thing!!!
I can definitely say those 'gylphs aren't on my insulation. I'm sure 'cause I have a prob with the right rear speaker cutting in and out. After changing out the amps 4 times w/ the problem still present, I've had plenty of up close personal views of what's all in there.
Nice surprise! :w

Well, that is just the coolest thing!!!
I can definitely say those 'gylphs aren't on my insulation. I'm sure 'cause I have a prob with the right rear speaker cutting in and out. After changing out the amps 4 times w/ the problem still present, I've had plenty of up close personal views of what's all in there.
Nice surprise! :w

Not ON the insulation, UNDER the insulation.:)

Glenn
:w

I've got the carpet and pad out but I can't find it.

Are they located left, right, center, fore, aft?

Just noticed the location a few posts up - will look again. (DUH)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom