Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A new Front spy chop:

L

LongTimer

chopoct11csm.jpg

A verrrry good photochop! Somehow I can't help thinking we are missing it on the front though. There are some elements missing.

Any ideas of what type of "thing" you think is missing?

I think the power bulge will reach past the end of the hood onto the bumper, derived from the narrow C2 power bulge with the emblem sitting in the center of the "V" tip on the bumper. I think this little change would really give it a Corvette signature. I wish I had the skills to photo shop.

The headlights should be positioned lower to the ground. that's probably why it looks kinda akward. It just looks to "play-doh"-ish, overall. I mean, if you look at the rest of the body you'll see that it has crisply edged contours and this front-end just looks out of place.

Gotta be carefull with the HL height. The Fed mandates that all HL must be higher than ... X? inches. Maybe they could be lower than seen in this chop, maybe not?

LongTimer said:
Any ideas of what type of "thing" you think is missing?

I think the power bulge will reach past the end of the hood onto the bumper, derived from the narrow C2 power bulge with the emblem sitting in the center of the "V" tip on the bumper. I think this little change would really give it a Corvette signature. I wish I had the skills to photo shop.

I think you are thinking along the right line here. I think there may be another bulge further out, just inside the headlight covers and extending over front bumper???

I appreciate and acknowledge the effort to build this picture..

The look that I can see in the photo is not to my personal liking though.

I'm sure this is a rough draft and the final effort will be amazing..

I have to say I may like the popups on the C5 better..

Thanks again for your efforts.

JB

front end just looks too small and narrow for the big rear end of the vette.....

Thank you to the person who took the time and effort to put this together. Of course, that person is NOT the stylist of the car and has to work with what they stylists have given him that we know about thus far. So, the following comment does not refer to him: If this is what the final product looks like, I think it looks awful. GM has to have some of the worst stylists in the entire auto industry. This thing looks like some mish-mash from a variety of other vehicles---I don't know how others feel, but this already looks dated (early 90s gimmicks abound).

--Chris Kennedy

Hey, y'all. Thanks for all the encouragement, appreciation, corrective suggestions, and constructive criticism. It's fun to speculate, and I'll be sure to include this informed feedback in my next attempt.

On a side note, anyone know how to change usernames? It seems I originally registered as "Coupe" here, but I'm registered as GX624 at a bunch of other sites, and would like to keep that moniker.

Stay cool,
James

If post a request in the Help and Feedback area of this site, Rob, the site administrator will more than likely help you out. Given that he is pretty busy now it may not be an instant change, but I believe he will get to it.

Leon

Coupe said:
Hey, y'all. Thanks for all the encouragement, appreciation, corrective suggestions, and constructive criticism. It's fun to speculate, and I'll be sure to include this informed feedback in my next attempt.

On a side note, anyone know how to change usernames? It seems I originally registered as "Coupe" here, but I'm registered as GX624 at a bunch of other sites, and would like to keep that moniker.

Stay cool,
James

I'll make sure the right people get informed of your request James.

Jason

GX624 said:

Stay cool,
James
James,

All set.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom