Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A Small Light on the Rear View Mirror

Nevets2004

Corvette
2004 Black Coupe / Lt. Oak
I just got my C5 in January and haven't driven it much at night. Tonight I was driving down a completely dark road and noticed an amber colored light on my right hand as it was resting on the shift knob. I thought it was coming from the dashboard lights but it seemed to be a weird color to be coming from the dash. Eventually I noticed it was coming from underneath the rearview mirror only on the right side and not the left. This small light stays on whether the headlights are on or not. I didn't look at my manual yet, my first thought was to ask here since you guys seem to know what's going on. Does anyone know what this light is about? Also, I don't have auto-dimming mirrors. Thanks.

It's just Chevy' s little yellow Corvette nightlight...It is in the manual. Can't be overidden as far as I know.
Nice car, Steve! I love driving mine! I don't mind cleaning her all the time, except for the fact that it leaves less time for driving!!!

what he said

U.P. John is right.
In the manual, GM calls it an "interior console flood lamp... which remains on at all times".

Welcome to the CAC!

Tammy

Thanks John, That's what I thought it was. Must've missed that part in the manual. As far as cleaning is concerned, I look forward to it every weekend when I get the time. Keeping her clean is tough but I have no one to blame except myself, I knew what I was getting into one I bought the black Vette. I'm going to gas her up now and take a trip to Long Island. Take care.

Thanks Tammy. I spent alot of time reading posts at this site and many others before I became a member and even before I bought my Corvette. CAC is by far the best Corvette site I've found!

My grandaughters friend got a new car, as a youngster. She read the manual cover to cover. Is studying to be a doctor. My kind of doctor. Haven't read mine, completely, either. Does it hurt "not to know". Who knows?

cool, someone from the same town as me:) . Maybe I'll see you around town.

corvettecrazy said:
cool, someone from the same town as me:) . Maybe I'll see you around town.
I've seen a black vert around a few times. It was in the Fairless Hills area. Was that you or your dad? ;shrug

I wish it was me, but I am not allowed to drive it. (which is a lenthy rant within itself)

I'm near 313 and cold spring creamery rd which is not far from 313 & 611

corvettecrazy said:
I wish it was me, but I am not allowed to drive it. (which is a lenthy rant within itself)

I'm near 313 and cold spring creamery rd which is not far from 313 & 611
Yep, I know where it is. My son is nineteen and I've let him drive a few times, but only while I'm sitting next to him. I let him open 'er up a bit on river road on the way to New Hope. I must admit, he handled the car very well. I only had a few heart palpitations along the way. I thought it was going to be scarier.

So fear not brother capricorn and Corvette enthusiast, you'll have your day.

Are you and your dad going to Carlisle?

Steve :cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom