Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

About time I painted this thing!

Corvette
66 LS1 roadster 06 roadster
In response to 58 Mike saying he likes a good paint story, here is a pic of my recently painted 66 L72 roadster.

Orig a silver car, and despite many requests and a pole saying keep it silver, I wimped out and painted it Red. Much like PJ67 I replaced a less the perfect front clip, but instead of buying it together I built it from NOS parts. after a 4 years of owning it, and a year of it in primer I had had enough, said whats done is good enough, pushed it in the booth and bam! its now red.

It actually looks much better then pics show, If the sun ever returns..... and the rain stops..... I will take better pics. either way have at it :)

66redl72dr.jpg

Great color...but then I'm a little biased.

Enjoy!

:beer

Sweet car and color. Where was that picture taken? I'd like to have that primer project behind it.

Uh-oh, Dennis, you forgot the hood!!! ;LOL The picture looks great, so if it's even better in person, you gotta be real happy! And indeed, I do love a good paint story! :beer

- Mike Greene

Nice paint job! i never saw your car when it was silver, but i love that red! but i am also biased, cuz i got a mini one next to my clock, and its the first thing i see when i wake up :s

Dennis, Now that might motivate you to jump in and COMPLETELY finish it ? You are going to sell it, right ? It was sunny and warm up here in Calhoun, today !

I've always used PPG. Do you ? Or Dupont ?

Chainshot/GreyGhost

I would have voted silver too, but I’m biased I guess:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom