Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

AC blowing cold but only into footwell

Corvette
2002 Z06
Any help on this one would be greatly appreciated. Recently the AC in my 96 LT4 has refused to blow thru the dash vents (regardless of setting on the electronic a/c controls) but seems to blow great (cold and pretty strong) into both the driver's footwell, as well as through the defogger vents on top of the dash. I suspect it's a solenoid issue and therefore may be big bucks since the dash may have to be pulled to get to the solenoid. Anybody ever have this situation?

Regards,
:beer
Jeff

voorthuist said:
This little valve was the joker in the pack:

http://cfupload.stevesdomain.net/images/23411f613.jpg

Both male nipples broke off in their respective vacuum lines. Got out the pieces with a safety pin. New part can't be more than a couple bucks.

You were lucky, I replaced all the vacuum lines and the elbow with a new valve and my A/C still blows out the heater on my 96 LT4. Time to follow 6 Shooters information.

Does your cruise control work perfectly? If it doesn't, you still might have a vacuum problem. The cruise vacuum is tied into the A/C vacuum.

SAVE THE WAVE! :w

Man dose this Job Inhale !! Thanks for the Heads Up Shooter!!!!

Had the same exact problem; no air from the dash louvers. Auto cruise did not work either. Replaced a simple vacuum valve and all got fixed.

Cheers,

Selim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom