Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

AC Fan Help

R

rcvivian

My 76 vette has had some of the AC components removed (Compressor, condenser, brackets...anyone selling parts I'm interested for the right price). My issue is that the fan will only work on low speed. If I lived in California I wouldn't worry about it too much, but since I live in Washington State, I'll need it to defrost the windows this winter. It has a new switch and if I jump the fan directly to a power source it blows fine. I know there's a low pressure switch somewhere. Do I need to jump the switch? If so, how? Thanks.

Ray

There's a relay that should be mounted pretty close to the fan, usually on the firewall that might be the problem. Check to see if the terminals are corroded or just replace it if it looks good. I think they're about $20 or so.

Bill

Did you get the problem sloved? My 76 fan only works on high which is not a big problem but I would like to fix it. Let me know what you found out I might have the same problem.

I just got the car back from paint. I pick up the part tomorrow, but won't be able to check it until I put the dash back and console back in.

What part are you replacing, I just redid the dash and console actually the whole interior. What steering wheel do you have in the car?

There is also an inline fuse that controls the High speed of the fan
It is located (early C3's)in front of the the Master cylinder.
Make sure its good and the connections are clean.

Fanfuse.jpg

Same ugly wheel that came with it. What are you going with?

I removed it, cleaned all the paint off and repainted with a plastic type paint called SEM. Then I installed a wheel skins cover and it looks great, at least I think it does. Look at my thread titled Interior Refurbishment
to see a picture of the wheel completed with everything but the horn button.

On a 79 its over on the passenger side.....its right in front of the blower motor. Its a siver box that is attached by two screws. It has a double wire plug going into it. That is for the High side of the fan motor.

Same place as the 73-76

Thanks all. I found it, and will replace it tonight.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom