Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ac/heat/temp, Display Out

4hwy1fun

I Have A 98 Rag Top, The Display For The Heat/ac And Outside Temp Has Cone Out. Not Too Long Ago It Was Just Dim And I Could Somethimes Get It To Light Up By Tapping It With My Finger, But That No Longer Works. I Am Wondering How Hard/expensive, This Is To Fix. I Was Also Wondering If It Could Be Attempted By Someone With Average Mechanical Ability And Basic Tools. Any Suggestions Would Be Welcomed...thanks

I replaced the unit myself about a month ago. It isn't a pain but it is a bit scary to manhandle some of the parts to remove and install them. All you need are Torx screwdrivers and a few nut drivers. I used the C5 factory stereo removal procedure on corvetteforum.com as a guide.

Thanks for the web site, I'll check it out

awalla said:
I replaced the unit myself about a month ago. It isn't a pain but it is a bit scary to manhandle some of the parts to remove and install them. All you need are Torx screwdrivers and a few nut drivers. I used the C5 factory stereo removal procedure on corvetteforum.com as a guide.

I did the same thing last year. I spent only $580 on a NEW UNIT.

That's right- NEW.

Shop the net!!! Dealers are asking for around $1,100 for the stupid part.

DarkShark78 said:
I did the same thing last year. I spent only $580 on a NEW UNIT.

That's right- NEW.

Shop the net!!! Dealers are asking for around $1,100 for the stupid part.
Holy cow you got robbed!! I only paid $190 for my unit (dealer price). I checked with Ken Fitchner Chevy via email and they only wanted somewhere between $220-$250 (don't quote me on this.)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom