Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Accel Tune Up ???

mvftw

Corvette
'78 Real S/A, L82, 4spd
I want to do a full tune up on my stock '78 L82. I can go with all AC Delco, but I would rather go with All Accel...cap, rotor, coil, wires, module, plugs...I figure alittle more bang for your buck...Any comments pro or con...

mvftw said:
I want to do a full tune up on my stock '78 L82. I can go with all AC Delco, but I would rather go with All Accel...cap, rotor, coil, wires, module, plugs...I figure alittle more bang for your buck...Any comments pro or con...

IMHO good spiral / helical wound conductor wires (accel, MSD, taylor, moroso, mallory, crane etc) will be fine. The Accel cap & rotor are great ... but you can get just as good brass terminal cap & rotor in the high-end line at just about any chain parts store. IMHO, a good GM coil & module is tough to beat. I like the accel u-groove plugs ... but autolites or bosch are tough to beat. I really like Accel ferro-spiro 300+ 8.8mm racewires ... this series of wires' part numbers all begin with digit 7 ... and they are black ... no colors. Spend the small money to ensure that your vac can is in top shape & is correct for your desired ignition curve. Most 78's can benefit from a $5 recurve kit & an $8 v can.
JACK:gap

Hi

I have been using Accel ignition parts for many years on various cars without any problem, the quality is good and prices are reasonable.

J.

I did the Accel cap, super HEI coil, and 8 mm spiral wound wires. They were an improvement over stock with a noticable difference. Stick with the standard AC spark plug as the performance gain for platnium or grooved just isn't there IMHO.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom