Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Accessing ABS Unit and Brakelines from Under Car

Corvette
1984 Black Coupe (sold) 1992 White Convertible
I have been trying to remove the cover underneath the driver's side storage compartment so that I can access the brakelines attached to the ABS unit (one or more of my lines has a leak). I took off all the nuts that hold the cover on and I also removed the three bolts that hold the ABS unit to the cover, however the cover doesn't want to budge. I tried prying on the sides of the cover with a screwdriver and then later a tire iron :bash but still can't get the darn thing off. Am I missing something? I've been messing with this stupid cover for the past couple of days. Thanks a lot for any input.:beer

I have been trying to remove the cover underneath the driver's side storage compartment so that I can access the brakelines attached to the ABS unit (one or more of my lines has a leak). I took off all the nuts that hold the cover on and I also removed the three bolts that hold the ABS unit to the cover, however the cover doesn't want to budge. I tried prying on the sides of the cover with a screwdriver and then later a tire iron :bash but still can't get the darn thing off. Am I missing something? I've been messing with this stupid cover for the past couple of days. Thanks a lot for any input.:beer

edit: oops - I see you got those... I'll see if the schematic shows anything when I can get at it.

There's 3 or 4 bolts, if I remember, that hold the module to the cover FROM UNDERNEATH. I'll see if the FSM has a pic when I can get at it...

Not much help... only reference to the cover is, "Do NOT remove ... to replace BPM valve".

Better call a witch doctor uh huh.

Not much help... only reference to the cover is, "Do NOT remove ... to replace BPM valve".

Better call a witch doctor uh huh.

Thanks for the pics Schrade. I finally got this cover off tonight. I hit it a few times with my tire iron from the inside of the car. After a few whacks, I was suprised to see that it started to pop down. The brake lines are also attached to this cover which I noticed from one of the pics you posted. I had to cut off that metal strap that holds them to the cover because the star bolts were stripping out. Now tomorrow I should have the lines all replaced and plan to take her out for a spin. Thanks again. I really need to get one of those manuals.:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom