Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

According to Car and Driver - March 2011:

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
"The Corvette continues as front-engine, V-8 powered, but GM is reportedly working to reduce mass (or at least hold the line) to maintain C6 performance. Slightly longer than before, the C7 will have styling allegedly inspired by the split-widow ‘63 Sting Ray. Interior quality, not a Corvette strength, is now a high priority, and GM has set Audi as the benchmark for materials and fits. Three versions will be offered: base, Z06 and ZR1 (base versions may be called Grand Sport). At launch, the V-8 portfolio will mirror today’s, ranging from 430 to 638 horsepower. Later, all three engines will undergo displacement reductions to improve fuel economy."

I think they also stated that the C7 launch was going to be a 2013 model.:)

Does this set your blood to a high boil? This clearly is an example of what Car and Driver sees as the next corvette..
Car-and-Driver-11.jpg

Car-and-Driver-2.jpg

I love it!
Now it just needs 470hp, 3200 lb curb weight and a Dual clutch transmission..[/

Does this set your blood to a high boil? This clearly is an example of what Car and Driver sees as the next corvette..
Car-and-Driver-11.jpg

Car-and-Driver-2.jpg

I love it!
Now it just needs 470hp, 3200 lb curb weight and a Dual clutch transmission..[/

I don't like the back end very much.

Car and Driver article on C7 is not accurate

Below is a link to the seminar held by Chevrolet at this year's Sebring 12 Hour race. Chevrolet denies (as he is laughing) that the article in Car and Driver (an oil painting) in no way will look like the C7 they plan to build (thank you Lord). Watch the video and around 17:49 they will dicuss the article.

YouTube - GM Corvette Seminar at the 2011 12 Hours of Sebring

God that rear end is fugly. Hopefully that is not the next C7 as portrayed by C&D. Those folks at C&D are a bunch of tools and can't get enough of themselves. :rotfl:rotfl

Base C7 Engine 5.5 liters

I've read that the base engine will be a new iteration of the LS engine with reduced size to 5.5 liters. The engine will have direct injection and produce 440 HP. I suspect this will be the engine Base Camaros will have in 2012 or 13 to keep pace with the Mustang 5.0. The C6R ALMS Corvette has been using the 5.5 engine for a while.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom