Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Acrlic Top

klyons

Corvette
1988 Bright Red
What can I use to clean and polish the tinted top on my vette that won't scratch it.

I use a well dilluted soapy water, such as dishwashing detergent, (i.e. Palmolive, Lux, etc..) and a soft cloth to clean it, only after I've wetted it. You don't need much, a teaspoon per gallon of water. Rinse liberally, then dry with soft natural cloths. (Synthetics tend to not absorb water, and also leave very small scratches in the surface.

REMEMBER: You must NEVER use an abrasive like many polishes have in them to polish it. There are a number of them out there, but if you're semi frugal as I am, I never polish it just clean it frequently, also because I've found that most polishes have chemicals in them that leave a tainted odor in side. (You must do both inside and out.) The best insurance of a clean top is to never allow anyone to smoke inside. The smoke adheres to the surface of the panels of the top and takes forever and a day to get out.....

This may sound dumb. I had my acrylic roof refinished and the company that refinished it recommended of all things...Turtle Wax Liquid car wax for the acrylic top. Ya know what...It works and looks great!!!! Wipe it on and take it off before drying completely!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom