Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Adding 12 CD Changer

W

webert

At this time I dont have a Aux Cd changer in the trunk but would like to add one. I do have a CD in the dash with an CD/AUX button. Has anyone ever added the 12 cartridge CD to this configuration? I was told I need an aftermarket adapter cable for $125 bucks. and $275 for the 12 CD player and $75 for install + tax for Uncle Sam. Does this sound High?

Try ebay for the cd changer. You'll spend a lot less money than at a dealer.

Webert, I added one myself and paid more than that just for the changer . I'd say your getting a pretty good deal . Cliff

I was able to pick up an original equipment changer, mounting brackets, cartridge, and harness for under $300 on ebay. I just need to get brave and start tearing the car apart to install it.

Which brings up my question - I don't see any screws in the sill plates or kick panels, so I'm sure they must snap in somehow. But, before I start my "bull in a china shop" routine, can anyone give me a clue how to remove them???

Also, how deep is the plug buried under the dash??? Is it in the passenger side kick panel, as I've been told???

Tnx - GT

Thanks bluecoupe. That should be a big help.

Anybody have a guess on the actual trim panel removal?

Hammer and cold chisel...

Chainsaw...

Jewelers screwdriver...

Remember, I'm an aircraft mechanic and not very good with my hands!

Tnx - GT

nhisfan said:
Remember, I'm an aircraft mechanic and not very good with my hands!

Tnx - GT

should I be scared next time I get on a plane?????

nhisfan,
please check your email. I have more info for you.

I was thinking about adding a multi-CD changer but I've decided to go with an mp3 player instead. I can add 1500 songs and I don't have to take up all the room of a CD changer in the back.

nhisfan said:
Do you get the opportunity to fly many F-15's?

Later - GT

only on my computer, but could I get an opportunity?

fifty by fifty: welcome to CAC, and nice vette

OK, I finally got brave and ripped my trunk and interior apart for the CD changer installation. Everything went fairly smooth. I only broke 1 tab off the rear sill plate (glued back on - no sweat) and I had 1 screw left over - damned if I can figure where it came from!!! :confused

Well, I did have a 6 inch square piece of carpet left over, too, but my wife is better at jigsaw puzzles than me and she eventually figured out where it went... :duh

And to top everything off - when I got done - it actually worked!!!

The whole thing took about 3 hours total - probably about double what it would take if it wasn't my own car!!! :SLAP

Save the wave - GT

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom