Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Adding a new member to the family

Corvette
1985 Coupe /1977 L82 Coupe / 1971 Red Coupe
I am in the process of trying to buy this 71. If we can get together on the price and everything checks out. Myself and two of my local Corvette buds are going Wed. Evening to give it a good going over before I make my final decision . Its a local car here , the guy built a new house and hasn't been able to sell his existing house, so he is selling his baby . Its an auto L48 with a 270 hp 350 , he says numbers matching. Showing 69,000 miles. I should know by Wednesday evening . Here are a few shots in his drive while he was washing it. Its been garaged for 10 years so it has all the problems associated with sitting that long.
http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?folder_id=1706869

Nice looking Shark! Good luck!!

-Mac

XLR8 said:
Great looking Shark, Scott! Good luck - hope it works out for you!

:w Jane Ann

Thanks Jane Ann ! , The only way that I won't get it is if we find something wrong , like frame damage or rot or something like that . Suzy is so excited that shes already transfering the money to her checking account before I even check it out. I think the price is a little high that he is asking but shhhhhhhh we are willing to pay the asking price if we can't get it down some. Chrome bumper cars are high anyway.

Mac said:
Nice looking Shark! Good luck!!

-Mac
Thanks Mac.
At this point if it doesn't work out with this car , Suzy is already on the net looking at others . She says it has to be shiny, flat rear glass and absolutely has to be a C3 . We looked at a new C6 a few weeks back and she don't want a C4 or a C5 so we will probably just invest in more vintage Corvettes.

We need more garage and just found out my 30' trailer will not haul two.

It looks nice. Still has the removable rear window too. I had a '71 Monte with the 350/270 (ZQ3). A great engine for a driver that you want to put some smiles on. Smooth and torquey. L48 first appeared in '73 @ 190 horse.

Tom

Tom Bryant said:
It looks nice. Still has the removable rear window too. I had a '71 Monte with the 350/270 (ZQ3). A great engine for a driver that you want to put some smiles on. Smooth and torquey. L48 first appeared in '73 @ 190 horse.

Tom

Thanks Tom ,
Shes in here naming the car and picking out personalized tags. I have a lot to learn about 71's.

cj5nutz said:
Nothing personal Chas , Its a 6 Shooter thing ;LOL

Ah, "Shoot" I knew that!;LOL

Good luck.....man, multiple Corvette's...Life is good , eh?;)

Chas:beer

Good luck on the purchase. I hope the car checks out perfect. Nothing is better than having your wife deeply involved in the hobby.

Take care,
Brian

Wow, Scott! Looking good man, chrome bumpers rule!

If you think you might want a C5 someday, bring Suzy to CruiseFest and I'll let you two take mine out;).

Eric said:
Wow, Scott! Looking good man, chrome bumpers rule!

If you think you might want a C5 someday, bring Suzy to CruiseFest and I'll let you two take mine out;).

I might eat my words one day but I am C3 man all the way . I love all Corvettes but as far as owning , Its C3's for me . Now Daryl on the other hand , you sold him. He wants a C5 too.
Tomorrow night at this time I will either have bought it or passed on it.
I have looked at it three times now but tomorrow evening it gets put under the microscope.;)

L48 started with 1969 350/300HP.

Scott, now this is Janine talking, not Jane Ann ;)
I wish you both good luck on your new addition to the family and yes, White is the only way to go! :upthumbs

81kix said:
Scott, now this is Janine talking, not Jane Ann ;)
I wish you both good luck on your new addition to the family and yes, White is the only way to go! :upthumbs

Yeah I saw that , (sorry Jane Ann :crazy ) , It could have been the red dress comment that clouded my mind earlier in another post ;) .
I could always paint the red one white :L . Maybe I should go back and edit that one..

Hey scott, 2 C3's? You've got to be nutz - your handle needs to be changed to c3nutz instead of cj5nutz ;)

You and Patrick need to invest in a Corvette Storage locale - with a lift that I can use.

See you tonight,

Jeremy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom