Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Adding a new member to the family

cj5nutz said:
Thanks John , Suzy just hung up with Linda a couple minutes ago.. Effingham ...... which car to take , hmmmmmmmmm
Both:D

JohnGrawcock said:

Want to do a I will if you will? Does the Claret really exist :L

We might , its still a ways off.

nice pick up, man! Take 'em both!

Evolution1980 said:
nice pick up, man! Take 'em both!

Mid America is not far from here , kinda like you driving to Summit. Good to see you are still kicking !

Congrats on the new toy. Nice looking chrome bumper C3. I'd love to have a chrome bumper one to go with my 79 also.

Look around the neighborhood , This one was like a mile from the house here , been owned/garaged by this guy since 92. He built a new house and then the sale of his existing house wasn't happening so he had to liquidate his toy. I just happened to be passing his house when he pulled it outside to wash it for the first time in years. I stopped to compliment him on it and turns out he was cleaning it to photograph it and sell it. We talked about it , the history and then the how much. Went home and told Suzy about it , she says if you want it , go get it. I then called a couple of my local Corvette buds. Ruby76 and another local friend came out and helped me look it over serious like and I made an offer. The rest is Corvette history being made.

Congrats Scot. How can you go wrong with red :upthumbs

Brett

I', not committing to anything.

cj5nutz said:
Want to do a I will if you will? Does the Claret really exist :L

We might , its still a ways off.

I could do it, but I don't know that I will.

The 82 is down until I get around to playing with it. I think I told you that I broke the threaded end off of one of an IAC while trying to remove it. I'll have to pull the throttle bodies to get it out. It's not a major repair, but I'm not sure I'll get around to it in time. The remodeling projects are priority one this year.

Thanks Guys !
John , we are going to try and and take them both. I went to Effingham to Mid America Saturday.. You will not believe the changes since last year. Parking , everything is going to be different . Retail store and Museum is awesome .

cj5nutz said:
Thanks Guys !
John , we are going to try and and take them both. I went to Effingham to Mid America Saturday.. You will not believe the changes since last year. Parking , everything is going to be different . Retail store and Museum is awesome .
Any details to go with that parking comment?

I sure like looking at that picture of your new baby. Does it look that great up close? Did Suzy name it yet? (Snowflake ;LOL;LOL;LOL)

If I found a 68-73 vert anywhere near that price, I'd jump on it and then sell one of my later C3's.

JohnGrawcock said:
Any details to go with that parking comment?

I sure like looking at that picture of your new baby. Does it look that great up close? Did Suzy name it yet? (Snowflake ;LOL;LOL;LOL)

If I found a 68-73 vert anywhere near that price, I'd jump on it and then sell one of my later C3's.

According to the lady at Mid America, Parking will be a little different this year , all sheet metal cars will be parked away from the Vettes and all Vettes will be parked somewhere behind where I was parked last year in the photo. I don't even know enough to speak of this but she was pointing and talking and said something about paving starting this past Monday in that area.....

Yes she named it already.......... somehow Snowflake doesn't sound that bad now.. She named this one ..... " Princess "

Personalized tag for it should read " STING'N " The white one has "SHARK'N" ordered.. As you know , all of these things are completely out of my hands and control... I just drive and work on them .

John , 10 feet away the car is perfect . It has a few paint bubbles on the front of the hood and a few other small imperfections but all in all it looks as good or better than "Snowflake"

cj5nutz said:
According to the lady at Mid America, Parking will be a little different this year , all sheet metal cars will be parked away from the Vettes and all Vettes will be parked somewhere behind where I was parked last year in the photo. I don't even know enough to speak of this but she was pointing and talking and said something about paving starting this past Monday in that area.....

Yes she named it already.......... somehow Snowflake doesn't sound that bad now.. She named this one ..... " Princess "

Personalized tag for it should read " STING'N " The white one has "SHARK'N" ordered.. As you know , all of these things are completely out of my hands and control... I just drive and work on them .

John , 10 feet away the car is perfect . It has a few paint bubbles on the front of the hood and a few other small imperfections but all in all it looks as good or better than "Snowflake"

Was "Princess" too long to fit on the tag. That's such a shame. You would have been so cute driving down the road with it.

JohnGrawcock said:
Was "Princess" too long to fit on the tag. That's such a shame. You would have been so cute driving down the road with it.
hahaha... :L

JohnGrawcock said:

Shhhhhhhhh ! She might hear you !

cj5nutz said:
Shhhhhhhhh ! She might hear you !
They just don't understand.:( At least she loves Vettes.

Scott, is princess home now? nestled next to snowflake?

We'll need a coral pic. both here and on the c3 sharks site.

ruby76 said:
Scott, is princess home now? nestled next to snowflake?

We'll need a coral pic. both here and on the c3 sharks site.

You just love to torment me don't you ;LOL

I will try and take some pic.s this weekend . I think its about time for a photo shoot. I might have to get Suzy to take them or get me a camera that takes the shakes out of my hands. I took photos at Mid. America Saturday and they turned out terrible, guess I am getting old.
I was just thinking I have enough Corvette projects now for a tech day every week for a while.
I went to recharge the A/C on the 77 ( Snowflake grrrrrrr ) and the fan for some reason isn't blowing any air out of the vents at all. I think that might be a winter project. I also want to replace that relay on the 71 ( Princess grrrr) and charge the A/C on it. It probably still has/had R12 in it. I might take it and have the vacuum pulled on it before I even try to charge it.
Belts, hoses, brakes, change all fluids, flush radiator, maybe go ahead and do a fuel pump and water pump while I am into it. Thats a long time sitting for a car without being driven. You have an open invitation to come get greasy and dirty any time you wish.:L
Want another Vette yet?

cj5nutz said:
Want another Vette yet?

Sure we do. There aditctive.:v

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom