Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Adjustable fuel pressure

jabrun

Corvette
91 Turquois ZR1
Does anyone have an adjustable fuel press. regulator on their Z ? I had mine on a chassis dyno a while back and the fuel air ratio was around 13. The dyno operator thought I could pick up a few hp. if I got it down to 12. My 91 has AO forced ,air 63mm throttle body, ported plenum and inj. housings, DRM chip, headers and flowmaster. Max hp. was 386 and max torque was 366. I believe LPE is the only company that offers adjustable reg. for the LT5. Any comments or advice are welcome; by the way this is a great website.

Welcome aboard:) I've never seen anyone with one. I know my car is running rich but rather than adjust my fuel I'm going to adjust my chip......someday. LPE is the only one that I've seen who sells the fuel regulator though.

Jay

about 12.5 is where you want to shoot for, actually, 13-1 is GREAT for power, but just a bit lean and you may get some detonation. I disagree that the car will make MORE power at
12-1 A/F ratio.

I would change the fuel tables in the chip rather than mess with the FP reg. the changes would be cheaper, and it's a better approach IMHO. cya

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom