Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Adjusting rear ride height

stevolwevol

Corvette
1977 light blue
My 79 rides just about 1/2 to 3/4" lower on the passenger side rear. Is it a good idea to raise the spring by turning the nut on the bolt that holds the spring? They are set exactly the same on each side which is almost to the end. If I did this, the passenger side would be turned in more than the driver's side. Is this a good way to even the rear out? Suggestions would be appreciated.

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
Your spring could be getting weak. You could try that and see if it levels out. Assuming you have looked for signs of a cracked or broken leaf on that side. How do the rubber cushions look? Squished about the same?

Tom

stevolwevol

Corvette
1977 light blue
Your spring could be getting weak. You could try that and see if it levels out. Assuming you have looked for signs of a cracked or broken leaf on that side. How do the rubber cushions look? Squished about the same?

Tom
I looked it over the best I can, and didn't see anything obvious. The car rides nice, handles great, and doesn't squeak. I'm sure it would be a good idea to replace the spring (7 leaf), but that's a next spring thing.

The nuts are almost at the end of the bolts on the 79. I would like to adjust it, but I want things even without being uneven if you know what I mean. It looks like they can be turned in an inch or two.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom