Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Adjustment for Backup Lamp Switch?

fine69

Corvette
'69 Convertible Vette; '72 Z28 Camaro Rally Sport
Hello All,

I just noticed that my reverse lights are staying constantly on. The backup lamp switch (manual 4 speed) is practically brand new.

With the backup lamp rod disconnected, I tested the backup lamp switch. The lights switched on and off perfectly. However, after I re-connected the rod, the lights turned on when I put the transmission in reverse --- but then stayed constantly on again.

It seems that if I could just change the range of the "throw", I could get it working again.... I just want to be sure I do it right.

Is there an adjustment for this switch?

Thanks.

Fixed it!

Ok, I fixed it....

There are two 5/16 bolts on the backup lamp switch housing that adjust the "throw" of the on and off function ...

So instead of deleting this thread, I'll leave it here.... perhaps it can be used for info purposes, should anyone else have the need.

:w

There are gage holes in the switch and in the actuating arm; you pin those two holes, then loosen the switch attachments and rotate it until the rod enters the hole in the switch arm freely, then tighten it. That's the adjustment procedure, and it's shown in the Assembly Manual. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom