Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Advice wanted: Chrome Wheels

Corvette
Sold my '89 Triple Black Convertible - 3/08
The previous owner of my '89 roadster didnt' take very good care of the wheels. As a result, they don't look so hot. I recently found someone who was looking to sell a set of '89 wheels in very good condition (they only have a few thousand miles on them). Anyways... I'm thinking of buying these wheels for $600.00 and looking into sending them somewhere as a core deposit and getting some chromed '89 wheels for the exchange plus some cash.

My question: Does anyone have any experience in buying/exchanging chrome wheels from any of the popular companies such as Corvette Central, Corvette Mike's, etc.? I'm just looking for any advice that you can give me. (I also noticed that some companies only warranty the chrome '88/'89 wheels for 1 year as opposed to the 3 or 5 year warranty they give wheels of other years. What gives?

Thanks for any help you all can offer...

-J.

I exchanged the original wheels on my 88 for chrome wheels, same style, just a year ago. I got them from Corvette Mike's and had no problem at all. The chrome wheels look super!!!

I don't know why the 88/89 wheels are only guaranteed for one year, but, with good care, I don't anticipate having any problems with them.

Chrome wheels

It used to be that chrome wouldn't hold up on alloy no matter how well you cared for it. However it seems that processes have improved as we are now seeing chromed alloy wheels as factory options. If they were only good for a year that wouldn't happen. The warranty claims would be tremendous. I'd get them.

Tom:)

for a thousand u can get the painted GS 5 spoke rims ...they also have the 5 spoke chromed
check with AFS

J-,

I'm also looking at a set of the chrome wheels from corvettemike's for an '84. I plan on ordering them this week and just sending mine back in as the core refund. I'll let you know how it goes.

Jason

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom