Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

aerobody ever in windtunnel?

billm90

Some BSing in another forum got me thinking about this.

was the aero body designed in a windtunnel?
did it ever see the windtunnel?

Welcome to the CAC.
The AeroBody was tested at the Ohio 7.5 mile track, Real life at 250 mph. I do not think it was tested in a wind tunnel.

Welcome to the CAC.
The AeroBody was tested at the Ohio 7.5 mile track, Real life at 250 mph. I do not think it was tested in a wind tunnel.

The four holes in the front of the AeroBody are much different in shape than the original four holes from the Sledge and 89-005 :cool

AeroBody added 5mph to the top speed of an otherwise stock Twin Turbo Callaway, no other changes. :upthumbs

thanks for the welcome or re-welcome. I have been here for a long while. my screen name bill mcdonald was killed for some reason and no mods ever replied back as to why it was shut down, so I re-registered.

Welcome back Bill :beer

how's the AeroBody project coming along???? ;shrug

The four holes in the front of the AeroBody are much different in shape than the original four holes from the Sledge and 89-005 :cool

AeroBody added 5mph to the top speed of an otherwise stock Twin Turbo Callaway, no other changes. :upthumbs

It was also made from a different material. Alot was learned from the testing on the 7.5 mile track about the air flow thru all the vents.:beer

It was also made from a different material. Alot was learned from the testing on the 7.5 mile track about the air flow thru all the vents.:beer
That is correct - Original plans were to use a GE composite called Xenoy however, fiberglass was used in the production kits.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom